Scientific Meetings selected for IUGG support
- MagIC Workshop: Earth’s Magnetic Field from the Beginning, La Jolla, CA, USA, 24-27 January
- IndOOS Review Workshop, Perth, Australia, 30 January-1 February
- The Atmospheric Global Electric Circuit (GEC), Mitzpe Ramon, Israel, 17-19 February
- Training Workshop on Processing of Cloud Particle Measurements, Toulouse, France, 7-9 July
- Past Antarctic Ice Sheet (PAIS) conference, Trieste, Italy, 10-16 September
- International School of Space Science. Advanced Course on Complexity and Turbulence in Space Plasmas, L'Aquila, Italy, 18-23 September
- 8th Nordic Workshop - Paleography, Paleoclimate and the Geomagnetic Field, Hekla, Iceland, 30 September-7 October
- Aerosol Training School as part of the Caribbean Aerosol-Health Network (CAHN), Camaguey, Cuba, 23-29 October
- THEMES 2017, Venice, Italy, 29 November-1 December
- 2nd Snow Science Winter School, Preda and Davos, Switzerland, 14-20 February
- The SPARC Workshop on "Strato-spheric Change and its Role for Climate prediction (SHARP)", Berlin, Germany, 16-19 February
- 9th Workshop of the IAVCEI Commission on Volcanic Lakes (CVL9), Yaound&;eacute;, Cameroon, 13-23 March
- IAGA-IV Symposium: "Influence of short and long term solar variability on climate", Hurghada, Egypt, 20-24 March
- Arctic-Subarctic Ocean Fluxes (ASOF), Lerici, Italy, 30 March-1 April
- FIRST General Assembly of the African Seismological Commission (AfSC 2016), Luxor-Aswan, Egypt, 2-5 April
- The International Radiation Symposium 2016, Auckland, New Zealand, 17-22 April
- The Spatial Dimensions of Water Management - Redistribution of Benefits and Risks, Bochum, Germany, 18-20 May
- 48th International Liége Colloquium on Ocean Dynamics: "Submesoscale Processes: Mechanisms, Implications and new Frontiers", Liege, Belgium, 23-27 May
- 10th International Workshop "Physics and forecasting of rock destruction", Apatity, Kola Peninsula, Russia, 30 May-5 June
- International Summer School in Glaciology, McCarthy, Alaska, USA, 7-17 June
- Regional Assembly Latin American and Caribbean Seismological Commission (LACSC-2016), San Jose, Costa Rica, 20-22 June
- 3rd International Workshop on Volcano Geology, Mt. Etna, Aeolian Islands, Italy, 4-9 July
- The 17th International Conference on Clouds & Precipitation, Manchester, UK, 25-29 July
- 41st COSPAR Scientific Assembly, Istanbul, Turkey, 30 July-7 August
- 23rd International Workshop on Electromagnetic Induction in the Earth, Chiang Mai, Thailand, 14-20 August
- International Ozone Commission Quadrennial Ozone Symposium 2016, Edinburgh, UK, 4-9 September
- 7th workshop of the VLF/ELF Remote Sensing of Ionospheres and Magnetospheres (VERSIM) working group, Hermanus, South Africa, 19-23 September
- Advanced International School on "Early Warning Systems for Geohazards", Rhodes, Greece, 3-9 October
- "A Connected Ocean" - the Challenge of Observation Data Integration, Brest, France, 11-12 October
- CCEC2016 - 2nd Workshop of the IUGG Union Commission on Climatic and Environmental Change, Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 24-25 October
- 3rd "Titan through time" ICPAE-workshop, Laurel, MD, USA, 8-10 April
- 5th International High Energy Particle Precipitation in the Atmosphere (HEPPA) Workshop, Baden-Baden, Germany, 5-9 May
- Joint model-data workshop for th Late Pleistocene evolution of the Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets, Grenoble, France, 22-24 May
- Special Symposium - Four paradigms in predicting extremes: Legacy of Vladimir I. Keilis-Borok, Merida, Yucatan, Mexico, 2-4 June
- Evolving Water Resources Systems - Understanding, Predicting and Managing Water - Society Interactions, Bologna, Italy, 4-6 June
- 12th Kovacs Colloquium, Paris, France, 21 June
- Regional Assembly - Latin American and Caribbean Seismological Commission (LACSC-2014), Bogotá, Colombia, 23-27 July
- 40th COSPAR Scientific Assembly, Moscow, Russia, 2-10 August
- 22nd International Workshop on Electromagnetic Induction in the Earth, Weimar, Germany, 24-30 August
- Geospace revisited: Understanding dynamic processes with new spacecraft and ground-based observations, Rhodes, Greece, 15-20 September
- 13th Quadrennial iCACGP Symposium and 13th IGAC Science Conference on Atmospheric Chemistry, Natal, Brazil, 22-26 September
- School on Reference Systems - Escuela en Sistemas de Referencia and Symposium on Geocentric Reference System for the Americas (SIRGAS), Santa Cruz, Bolivia, 22 September-1 October
- Mega earthquakes and tsunamis in subduction-zones: forecasting approaches and implications for hazard assessment, Rhodes, Greece, early October
- 16th IAGA Workshop on Geomagnetic Observatory Instruments, Data Acquisition and Processing, 2014, Hyderabad, India, 7-16 October
- GEORISK 2014: "Improving Geophysical Risk Assessment, Forecasting, and Management", Madrid, Spain, 18-21 November
- School "Impact of solar variability on climate", Thessaloniki, Greece, 11-15 March
- 4th International Workshop on Hydro-Ecology (HydroEco 2013), Rennes, France, 13-16 May
- Reconciling observations and models of elastic and viscoelastic deformation due to ice mass change, Ilulissat, Greenland, 30 May - 2 June
- 19th CNAA Conference, Fort Collins, USA, 24-28 June
- Workshop "Measurement Problems in Ice Clouds", Zurich, Switzerland, 5-6 July
- International Tsunami Symposium, Fethiye-Gocek, Turkey, and Rhode Island, Greece, 22-26 July
- Facets of Uncertainty: 5th EGU Leonard Conference; Hydrofractals '13; Statistical Hydrology - STAHY '13, Kos, Greece, 17-19 October
- 2nd IUGG-WMO workshop “Ash dispersal forecast and civil aviation”, Geneva, Switzerland, 18-20 November
In addition to the awards, IUGG will award travel grants (via Union Associations) to scientists attending 2013 Scientific Assemblies.
- International summer school/workshop in glaciology, 10-20 June, McCarthy, USA.
- Workshop on measurement and uncertainty assessment of glacier mass balance, 9-11 July, Tarfala, Sweden.
- Workshop on Vertical Datum Unification, 10-14 December, Bogot´, Colombia.
- 21st Electromagnetic Induction Workshop, 25-31 July, Darwin, Australia.
- 2012 International EMSEV meeting, 30 September-4 October, Shizuoka, Japan.
- 3rd STAHY International Workshop, 1-2 October, Tunis, Tunisia.
- Symposium "Completion of the IAHS decade on Prediction in Ungauged Basins", 23-25 October, Delft, The Netherlands.
- International Conference on Clouds and Precipitation, 28 July-3 August, Leipzig, Germany.
- International Radiation Symposium (IRS) 2012, 6-10 August, Berlin, Germany.
- ICDM Workshop 2012 "Dynamics and Predictability of High-impact weather and Climate Events", 6-9 August, Kunming, China.
- Comparative Climatology of Terrestrial Planets, Boulder, 25-28 June, CO, USA.
- 33rd General Assembly of the European Seismological Commission and Young Seismologists Training Course, 19-24 August, Moscow, Russia.
- 9th General Assembly of the Asian Seismological Commission 2012, 17-20 September, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
- IUGG GRC Conference "Extreme Natural Hazards and Their Impacts", 11-14 December, Orange, CA, USA.
- 39th COSPAR Scientific Assembly, 14-22 July, Mysore, India.
- Colloquium of African Geology, 8-14 January, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Symposium “The 2001 Bhuj Earthquake and Advances in Earthquake Science”, Gandhinagar, 22-27 January, Gujarat, India.
- Vertical Coupling in the Atmosphere-Ionosphere System, 14-18 February, Prague, Czech Republic.
- 3rd IAGA Symposium “Heliospheric physics during and after a deep solar minimum”, 19-23 March, Luxor, Egypt (postponed to November 2011)
- Towards an Observing System for the Greater Agulhas System: Building links and capacity for East African participation, 21-25 March, Port Louis, Mauritius.
- Ice and Climate Change: A View from the South. VICC-2010, 1-3 February, Valdivia, Chile
- V Congreso Agrimensura, 2-5 March, Havana, Cuba
- VIII International Workshop "Physics and forecasting of rock destruction", 24-28 May, Repino, Russia
- BALWOIS 2010, 25-29 May, Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia
- International Summer School /Workshop in Glaciology, 7-15 June, McCarthy, Alaska, USA
- Breaking Seismo-ill-Logical Circulus Vitiosus, ESOF2010, 2-7 July, Torino, Italy
- ICACGP / IGAC Joint Conference "Atmospheric Chemistry: Challenging the future", 11-16 July, Halifax, Canada
- Workshop on Antarctic Clouds, Byrd Polar Research Center, 15-16 July, Columbus, Ohio
- 38th COSPAR Scientific Assembly, 18-25 July, Bremen, Germany
- Cryospheric Changes and Influences - Cryospheric Issues in Regional Sustainable Development, 12-14 August, Lijiang, China
- Managing Waveform Data and Related Metadata for Seismic Networks, 13-19 August Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil
- 20th Electromagnetic Induction Workshop, 18-24 September, Porto Sokhna, Egypt
- Dynamics of Calderas: Collapse and Unrest, 3-9 October, Réunion, France
- 6th World FRIEND Conference, 25-29 October, Fez, Morocco
- PAIGH, SIRGAS & IAG-SIRGAS joint workshop, November, Lima, Peru
- 8th ASC General Assembly, 8-10 November, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Clouds and Turbulence Workshop, 23-25 March, London, UK
- Second International Seminar on prediction of earthquakes, 23-24 April, Lisbon, Portugal
- Spring School "Fluid Mechanics and Geophysics of Environmental Hazards", 19 April-2 May, Singapore
- Symposium on Earthquake Seismology and Earthquake Predictability, 5-8 July, Beijing, China
- 24th International Tsunami Symposium, 14-17 July, Novosibirsk, Russia
- Workshop "Geodynamical Phenomena from Field, Observational, Computational, Seismological and Rheological Perspectives", 19-23 August, Suzdal, Russia
- Symposium "Geodesy in Latin America", 31 August - 4 September, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Scientific School on GPS and GIS, 30 November - 11 December, Brazzaville, Congo
- IAGA Symposium 2: Solar wind - Space Environment interaction, 18-22 December, Cairo, Egypt
- International Workshop “Mass Balance Measurements and Modeling”, 26-28 March, Skeikampen, Norway
- 12th International Symposium on Equatorial Aeronomy (ISEA 12), 18-24 May, Crete, Greece
- International Symposium “Effects of Climate Change on the World’s Oceans, 19-23 May, Gijon, Spain
- BALWOIS 2008 - Third International Conference on Water Observation and Information System for Decision Support, 27-31 May, Ohrid, Macedonia
- International Conference “Groundwater & Climate in Africa”, 24-28 June, Kampala, Uganda
- International Conference on Clouds and Precipitation (ICCP), 7-11 July, Cancun, Mexico
- 37th COSPAR Scientific Assembly, 13-20 July, Montreal, Canada
- Symposium “The Planet Earth” at the Euroscience Open Forum, 18-22 July, Barcelona, Spain
- SEDI 2008 Symposium, 27-31 July, Kunming, China
- Workshop on Deep Ocean Exchange with the Shelf, 5-9 October, Cape Town, South Africa
- International Conference “Frontiers in Stress Research: Observation, Integration and Application”, 14-17 October, Heidelberg, Germany
- Second Workshop on Collapse Calderas, 19-25 October, Quertaro, Mexico
- 7th General Assembly of Asian Seismological Commission, 24-27 November, Tsukuba, Japan