IUGG co-sponsors science education events at ICTP
Since 2012 IUGG awards annually grants to support science education events (workshops and training schools) organized by the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP, Trieste, Italy) in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding between IUGG and ICTP signed in 2011 and extended in 2015 (see "IUGG and ICTP Agreement").
The following activities have been sponsored by IUGG:
- Conference on the Science of Climate Change: a focus on Central America and the Caribbean Islands, Antigua, Guatemala, 23-25 January
- Extended Workshop on Space Weather Effects on GNSS Operations, Trieste, Italy, 22 May-2 June
- Fourth Workshop on Water Resources in Developing Countries: Hydroclimate Modeling and Analysis Tools, Trieste, Italy, 12-23 June
- ICTP-Rwanda Joint School on Subseasonal to Seasonal Weather and Climate Prediction, Kigali, Rwanda, 4-8 September
- Workshop-Conference on Near-Fault Observations and Models for Earthquake Hazard Assessment, Trieste, Italy, 10-13 October
- Workshop-Conference on Earthquake and Tsunami Hazards in Vietnam and Surroundings from Theory to Applications, Hanoi, Vietnam, December
- Joint ICTP-Trieste/ICTP-SAIFR Advanced School on Regional Climate Modeling over South America, Sao Paulo, Brazil, 15-19 February
- Eighth ICTP Workshop on the Theory and Use of Regional Climate Models, ICTP, Italy, 23 May - 3 June
- Earth System Physics: Summer School on Aerosol-Cloud Interactions, ICTP, Italy, 27 June - 1 July
- Earth System Modelling School, Pune, India, 18-29 July
- School on Recent Advances in Analysis of Multivariate Ecological Data: Theory and Practice, ICTP, Italy, 24-28 October
- Second Workshop on Climate Change, Variability and Modeling over Central America and Mexico, Costa Rica, 7-11 November
- Workshop on Ionospheric effects on SBAS and GBAS applications at Low Latitudes, ICTP, Italy, 2-13 March
- School on Ocean Climate Modelling: Physical and Biogeochemical Dynamics of Semi-enclosed Seas, Ankara, Turkey, 7-15 September
- Workshop on Earthquakes in the Zagros-Makran region: from Mechanics to Mitigation, Tehran, Iran, 21-31 May
- Third Workshop on Water Resources in Developing Countries: Planning and Management in Face of Hydroclimatological Extremes and Variability, ICTP, Italy, 27 April – 8 May
- Workshop on Modelling of Wildfires and their Environmental Impacts, ICTP, Italy, 22-26 June
- Workshop on Uncertainty Quantification in Climate Modeling and Projection, ICTP, Italy, 13-17 July
- International School on Geothermal Exploration, ICTP, Italy, 7-12 December
- Seventh ICTP Workshop on the Theory and Use of Regional Climate Models, ICTP, Italy, 12-23 May
- Workshop on Geophysical Monitoring and Modeling for Sustainable Energy and Geohazard Solutions, Arusha, United Republic of Tanzania, 22 June-5 July
- African School on the Impact of the Sun on Ionosphere: Physics and Applications, Kigali, Rwanda, 1-12 July
- Summer School on Attribution and Prediction of Extreme Events, ICTP, Italy, 21 July-1 August
- School on Solar Variability and Its Impact on Climate, ICTP, Italy,13-17 October
- Advanced Workshop and School on Megathrust Earthquakes and Tsunamis, ICTP, Italy,13-25 October
- Workshop on Mathematical Models of Climate Variability, Environmental Change and Infectious Diseases, 29 April - 10 May.
- Workshop on Water Resources in Developing Countries: Planning and Management in a Climate Change Scenario, 6 - 17 May.
- Workshop on GNSS Data Application to Low Latitude Ionospheric Research, 6 - 17 May.
- Synthetic Aperture Radar: A Global Solution for Monitoring Geological Disasters, 2 - 6 September.
- Fundamentals of Ocean Climate Modelling at Global and Regional Scales, 30 June - 1 September (two weeks), Hyderabad, India.
- Earthquake and Tsunami Risk Reduction: Bridging Education, Research and Communication for a Better Preparedness, 7 - 18 October, Morocco.
- Workshop on Science Applications of GNSS in Developing Countries, 11-27 April.
- Workshop on Atmospheric Deposition: Processes and Environmental Impacts, 21-25 May.
- Targeted Training Activity: El Nino Southern Oscillation Monsoon in the Current and Future Climate, 30 July - 10 August.
- Workshop on the Cooperative Experience for Integrating Land and Water Resources Management in Latin America, Maceio, Brazil, 13-17 August.
- Workshop on Geophysical Data Analysis and Assimilation, 29 October - 3 November.