The Nominating Committee
selects and nominates candidates for the IUGG Bureau (President, Vice President, Secretary General, Treasurer, and three member at large) and the Finance Committee (4 members) to be elected by the IUGG Council at the forthcoming General Assembly of the Union.
In particular, its role and responsibilities are:
- The Nominating Committee, after soliciting nominations from the Adhering Bodies of the Member Countries, and from the officers of the Union and the Associations, shall propose one or two candidates for each position in the Bureau, seeking to achieve a reasonable balance in their geographical and professional distribution (By-Law 10b).
- The Nominating Committee shall, after soliciting nominations from the Adhering Bodies of the Member Countries, and from the officers of the Union and the Associations, propose one or two candidates for each of the four positions on the Finance Committee: two positions from among the current members of the Finance Committee and two positions from among the accredited Council Delegates at the present or any previous General Assembly excluding the current members of the Finance Committee. If there is an insufficient number of candidates from the current Finance Committee, then an additional member or members shall be elected from among Council Delegates (By-Law 10c).
- The Nominating Committee prepares a report on the nomination of the candidates and submit a list of nominations to the officers of the Union and Associations and the National Committees at least eight months before the General Assembly (By-Law 10b). They may make further nominations and/or recommendations to the Nominating Committee at least three months before the General Assembly. If new nominations for a given position according to ByLaw 10b, c are proposed, the candidates shall be added to the list initially established.
- The Nominating Committee shall send the final list of nominations to the officers of the Union and Associations and to the National Committees at the latest two months prior to the General Assembly (By-Law 10b).
- The Chair of the Nominating Committee should present the report on nominations and the candidates for the IUGG office.
The Nominating Committee (2013-2015)