Honors and Recognition Committee
The Honors and Recognition Committee develops new and reviews existing Union award and medal programs.
In particular, its role and responsibilities are:
- To maintain oversight of existing Union award and medal programs.
- To assure that the objectives of the medals and awards are well defined.
- To review the procedures for the nomination and selection of Fellows, medalists and awardees.
- To make recommendations to assure that sufficient and appropriate nominations for the Fellows, Medals and Awards are received; assure that the Union medals and awards are appropriate and current.
- To review proposals for new recognitions and suggest other recognition possibilities.
- To assure that IUGG scientists are nominated for appropriate external awards.
- To search for fund-raising opportunities for the Union honors and recognition programs.
PUERTO RICO/ USA